PA Civil War > Regiments > 103rd
103rd Pennsylvania Regiment
Recruited in Clarion County, Armstrong County, Butler County, Venango County, Allegheny County, Indiana County, PA
103rd PA Regiment Soldier Biographies
103rd PA Regiment Newspaper Transcription
Philadelphia Inquirer, May 10, 1862
List of Killed and Wounded at Williamsburg...
103rd PA Regiment Companies
103rd PA Regiment Books
- History of the 103d Regiment
History of the 103d Regiment, Pennsylvania Veteran Volunteer Infantry, 1861-1865. Online at Internet Archive.
103rd PA Regiment Organization, Service & Battles
- Organized at Kittanning September 7, 1861, to February 22, 1862.
- Moved to Harrisburg, Pa., February 24; Thence to Washington, D.C.
- Attached to 2nd Brigade, 3rd Division, 4th Army Corps, Army of the Potomac, to June, 1862,
- 2nd Brigade, 2nd Division, 4th Army Corps, to September, 1862.
- Wessell's Brigade, Division at suffolk, Va., 7th Corps, Dept. of Virginia, to December, 1862.
- 1st Brigade, 1st Division, Dept. of North Carolina, to January, 1863.
- 1st Brigade, 4th Division, 18th Army Corps, Dept. of North Carolina, to May, 1863.
- District of Albemarle, Dept. of North Carolina, to August, 1863.
- Sub-District, Albemarle, District of North Carolina, Dept. of Virginia and North Carolina, to January, 1865.
- District Of Albemarle, Dept. of North Carolina, to June, 1865.
Service & Battles - 1862
- Advance On Manassas, Va., March 10-15, 1862.
- Ordered to the Peninsula March 28.
- Siege of Yorktown April 5-May 4.
- Skirmish at Yorktown April 11.
- Battle of Williamsport May 5.
- Skirmish at Fair-Oaks May 30.
- Battle of Fair Oaks, Seven Pines, May 31-June 1.
- Seven days before Richmond June 25-July 1.
- Brackett's June 30.
- Malvern Hill July 1.
- At Harrison's Landing till August 16.
- Moved to Fortress Monroe August 16-23;
- Thence to Suffolk September 18.
- Duty at Suffolk till December.
- Blackwater October 9.
- Blackwater, near Zuni, October 25.
- Blackwater October 29.
- Expedition from Suffolk December 1-3.
- Beaver. Dam Station December 1.
- Near Franklin on the Blackwater December 2.
- Ordered to New Berne, N. C., December 4.
- Foster's Expedition from New Berne to Goldsboro December 10-21.
- Southwest Creek December 13-14.
- Kinston December 14.
- Whitehall December 16.
- Goldsboro December 17.
Service & Battles - 1863
- Duty at New Berne till May, 1863.
- Expedition from New Berne to Mattamuskeet Lake February 7-14.
- Expedition for relief of Little Washington April 7-10.
- Moved to Plymouth, N. C., May, 1863,
- And duty there till April, 1864.
- Expedition from Plymouth to Gardner's Bridge and Williamston July 5-7, 1863.
- Expedition to Foster's Mills July 26-29.
- Herford December 10.
Service & Battles - 1864
- Harrellsville January 20, 1864 (Detachment).
- Windsor January 30.
- Siege of Plymouth April 17-20.
- Regiment mostly captured April 20.
Service & Battles - 1865
- Those not captured on duty in District Of the Albemarle at garrison at Roanoke Island till June, 1865.
- Mustered out June 25, 1865.