PA Civil War > Regiments > 110th
110th Pennsylvania Regiment
Recruited in Blair County, Huntingdon County, Bedford County, the city of Philadelphia, Centre and Clearfield Counties
110th PA Regiment Companies
110th PA Regiment Organization, Service & Battles
- Organized at Harrisburg, Huntingdon and Philadelphia August 19, 1861.
- Left State for Hancock, Md., January 2, 1862.
- Defence of Hancock January 5.
- Attached to Tyler's Brigade, Landers' Division, Army of the Potomac, to March, 1862.
- 3rd Brigade, Shield's 2nd Division, Banks' 5th Corps and Dept. of the Shenandoah, to May, 1862.
- 4th Brigade, Shield's Division, Dept. of the Rappahannock, to June, 1562.
- 4th Brigade, 2nd Division, 3rd Army Corps, Army of Virginia, to September, 1862.
- 2nd Brigade, 3rd Division, 3rd Army Corps, Army of the Potomac, to June, 1863.
- 3rd Brigade, 1st Division, 3rd Army Corps, to March, 1864.
1st Brigade, 3rd Division, 2nd Army Corps, to June, 1865.
Service & Battles - 1862
- At Cumberland and south branch of the Potomac guarding bridges of the Baltimore & Ohio Railroad till February 6.
- Moved to Paw Paw Tunnel and duty there till March 7, 1862.
- Advance on Winchester March 7-15.
- Reconnoissance to Strasburg March 18-21.
- Battle of Winchester March 23.
- Pursuit of Jackson up the Valley March 24-April 27.
- Occupation of Mt. Jackson April 17.
- March to Fredericksburg May 12-21, and to Front Royal May 25-30.
- Near Front Royal May 31.
- Port Republic June 9.
- Battle of Cedar Mountain August 9.
- Pope's Campaign in Northern Virginia August 16-September 2.
- Fords of the Rappahannock August 21-23.
- Manassas August 23.
- Thoroughfare Gap August 28.
- Groveton August 29.
- Bull Run August 30.
- Duty at Arlington Heights, Defences of Washington, Whipple's Command, till October.
- Moved to Pleasant Valley October 18, thence to Warrenton and Falmouth, Va., October 24-November 19.
- Battle of Fredericksburg December 12-15.
Service & Battles - 1863
- Burnside's 2nd Campaign, "Mud March," January 20-24, 1863.
- At Falmouth till April.
- Chancellorsville Campaign April 27-May 6.
- Battle of Chancellorsville May 1-5.
- Gettysburg (Pa.) Campaign June 11-July 24.
- Battle of Gettysburg July 1-3.
- Pursuit of Lee July 5-24.
- Wapping Heights, Va., July 23.
- On line of the Rappahannock till October.
- Bristoe Campaign October 9-22.
- Auburn and Bristoe October 13-14.
- Advance to line of the Rappahannock November 7-8.
- Kelly's Ford November 7.
- Mine Run Campaign November 26-December 2.
- Payne's Farm November 27.
Service & Battles - 1864
- Demonstration on the Rapidan February 6-7, 1864.
- Duty near Brandy Station till May.
- Rapidan Campaign May 4-June 12.
- Battles of the Wilderness May 5-7; Laurel Hill May 8; Spottsylvania May 8-12;
- Po River May 10; Spottsylvania Court House May 12-21.
- Assault on the Salient May 12.
- Harris Farm May 19.
- North Anna River May 23-26.
- On line of the Pamunkey May 26-28.
- Totopotomoy May 28-31.
- Cold Harbor June 1-12.
- Before Petersburg June 16-18.
- Siege of Petersburg June 16, 1864, to April 2, 1865.
- Jerusalem Plank Road June 22-23, 1864.
- Demonstration north of the James at Deep Bottom July 27-29.
- Deep Bottom July 27-28.
- Mine Explosion, Petersburg, July 30 (Reserve).
- Demonstration north of the James at Deep Bottom August 13-20.
- Strawberry Plains, Deep Bottom, August 14-18.
- Poplar Springs Church September 29-October 2.
- Boydton Plank Road, Hatcher's Run, October 27-28.
- Warren's Raid on Hicksford December 7-12.
Service & Battles - 1865
- Dabney's Mills, Hatcher's Run, February 5-7, 1865.
- Watkins' House March 25.
- Appomattox Campaign March 28-April 9.
- White Oak Road March 30-31.
- Crow's House March 31.
- Fall of Petersburg April 2.
- Sailor's Creek April 6.
- High Bridge, Farmville, April 7.
- Appomattox Court House April 9.
- Surrender of Lee and his army.
- At Burkesville till May 2.
- March to Washington, D.C., May 2-12.
- Grand Review May 23.
- Mustered out June 28, 1865
- Regiment lost during service 7 Officers 111 Enlisted men killed and mortally wounded 78 Enlisted men by disease.