PA Civil War > Regiments > 112th
112th Regiment - 2nd Heavy Artillery
Recruited in Franklin County, Allegheny County, and Monroe County, and from the city and county of Philadelphia, PA
112th PA Regiment Soldier Biographies
112th PA Regiment Companies
112th PA Regiment Organization, Service & Battles
- Organized at Philadelphia January 8. 1862. (Cos. "D," "G" and "H" ordered to Fort Delaware January 9, and duty there till March 19, 1862, when rejoined Regiment in Defences of Washington.)
- Companies "A," "B," "C," "E," "F," "I" and "K" moved to Washington, D.C., February 25, 1862. Attached to Artillery Brigade, Military District of Washington, to August, 1862.
- Defences of Washington north of the Potomac to October, 1862. 1st Brigade, Haskins' Division, Defences north of the Potomac, to February, 1863.
- 1st Brigade, Haskins' Division, 22nd Army Corps, Dept. Washington, to March, 1864. 1st Brigade, DeRussy's Division, 22nd Corps, to May, 1864.
- 3rd Brigade, 2nd Division, 18th Army Corps, Dept. of Virginia and North Carolina, to December, 1864. Provisional Brigade, Defences of Bermuda Hundred, Va., Dept. of Virginia and North Carolina, to April, 1865.
- 1st Brigade, Ferrero's Division, Dept. of Virginia, to May, 1865. Sub-District of the Blackwater, Dept. of Virginia, to January, 1866.
Service & Battles - 1862 - 1864
- Garrison duty in the Defences of Washing north of the Potomac till May 27, 1864. (2 Independent Cos. Heavy Artillery assigned as Cos. "L" and "M" November 24, 1862.)
- Moved to Port Royal, Va., May 27-28, 1864,
- thence marched to Cold Harbor May 28-June 4.
- Battles about Cold Harbor June 4-12.
- Before Petersburg June 15-19.
- Siege operations against Petersburg and Richmond June 16, 1864, to April 2, 1865.
- In trenches before Petersburg till August 23, 1864.
- Mine Explosion, Petersburg, July 30.
- Duty on the Bermuda Hundred front till September.
- Weldon Railroad August 18-21.
- Chaffin's Farm, New Market Heights, September 28-30.
- Fair Oaks October 27-28 (Co. "G").
Service & Battles - 1865
- Ordered to Bermuda front December 2, and duty there till April, 1865.
- Fall of Petersburg April 2.
- Duty at Petersburg till May, and in counties of lower Virginia, Sub-District of the Blackwater, District of the Nottaway, till January, 1866.
- Mustered out at City Point, Va., January 29. 1866, and
- discharged at Philadelphia, Pa., February 16, 1866.
- Regiment lost during service 5 Officers and 221 Enlisted men killed and mortally wounded and 5 Officers and 385 Enlisted men by disease. Total 616.