PA Civil War Volunteer Soldiers
124th Pennsylvania RegimentNine Months' Service - Recruited in Chester County, and Delaware County, PA
124th PA Regiment Companies
124th PA Regiment Organization, Service & Battles
- Organized at Harrisburg August, 1862.
- Left State for Washington, D.C., August 12.
- Camp near Fort Albany, Defences of Washington, till September 7.
- March to Rockville, Md., and attached to 1st Brigade, 1st Division,
- 12th Army Corps, Army of the Potomac, to October, 1862.
- 2nd Brigade, 1st Division, 12th Army Corps, to January, 1863.
- 2nd Brigade, 2nd Division, 12th Army Corps, to May, 1863.
Service & Battles - 1862
- Maryland Campaign September 7-24.
- Battle of Antietam, Md., September 16-17.
- Burying dead September 18.
- March to Pleasant Valley, Md., September 19-20.
- At Maryland Heights till October 30.
- At Loudon Heights till November 8.
- Reconnoissance up the Shenandoah Valley November 8-19.
- Near Harper's Ferry till December 10.
- March to Fredericksburg, Va., December 10-15;
- Thence to Fairfax Station.
Service & Battles - 1863
- Burnside's 2nd Campaign, "Mud March," January 20-24, 1863.
- At Stafford Court House till April 27.
- Chancellorsville Campaign April 27-May 6.
- Battle of Chancellorsville May 1-5.
- Ordered to Harrisburg, Pa., and there mustered out May 16, 1863.
- Regiment lost 1 Officer and 17 Enlisted men killed and mortally wounded and 36 Enlisted men by disease. Total 54.
| Ancestry.com Civil War Databases
| Civil War Research
Civil War Research
Want to find out if your ancestor was a Civil War soldier? Follow these research ideas.
Search PA Civil War