PA Civil War > Regiments > 128th
128th Pennsylvania Regiment
Nine Months' Service - Recruited in Berks County, Bucks County, and Lehigh County, PA
128th PA Regiment Soldier Biographies
128th PA Regiment Companies
- Field and Staff Officers
- Company A
- Company B
- Company E
- Company H
- Company I
- Company K
- Regimental History
- Bates' Regimental History & Company Rosters
128th PA Regiment Organization, Service & Battles
- Organized at Harrisburg August, 1862.
Service & Battles - 1862
- Left State for Washington, D.C., August 16, and duty there till September 6.
- Moved to Frederick, Md., September 6-14.
- Attached to 1st Brigade, 1st Division, 12th Army Corps, Army of the Potomac.
- Battle of Antietam, Md., September 16-17.
- At Sandy Hook and Maryland Heights September 22 to December 10.
- Moved to Fairfax Station, Va., December 10-14.
Service & Battles - 1863
- Duty there till January 19, 1863.
- Moved to Stafford Court House January 19-23,
- And duty there till April 27.
- Chancellorsville Campaign April 27-May 6.
- Battle of Chancellorsville May 1-5.
- Mustered out May 19, 1863.
- Lost 2 Officers and 31 Enlisted men killed and mortally wounded and 26 Enlisted men by disease. Total 59.
128th PA Regiment Medal of Honor Recipients
- GRESSER, IGNATZ Corporal, Company D, 128th Pennsylvania Infantry. Entered service at: Lehigh County, Pa. Born: 15 August 1832, Germany. Citation: At Antietam, Md., 17 September 1862. While exposed to the fire of the enemy, carried from the field a wounded comrade. Date of Issue: 12 December 1895.