PA Civil War > Regiments > 134th
134th Pennsylvania Regiment
Nine Months' Service - Recruited in Mercer county, Allegheny County, Beaver county, Armstrong county, PA
134th PA Regiment Companies
134th PA Regiment Organization, Service & Battles
- Organized at Harrisburg August, 1862.
- Moved to Washington, D.C., August 20.
- Attached to 1st Brigade, 3rd Division, 5th Army Corps, Army of the Potomac.
Service & Battles - 1862
- March into Maryland September 1-18.
- Duty at Sharpsburg, Md., till October 30.
- Reconnoissance to Smithfield, W. Va., October 16-17.
- Movement to Falmouth, Va., October 30-November 19.
- Battle of Fredericksburg, Va., December 12-15.
Service & Battles - 1863
- Burnside's 2nd Campaign January 20-24, 1863.
- Duty at Falmouth, Va., till April 27.
- Chancellorsville Campaign April 27-May 6.
- Battle of Chancellorsville May 1-5.
- Mustered out May 26, 1863.
- Regiment lost during service 4 Officers and 38 Enlisted men killed and mortally wounded and 1 Officer and 66 Enlisted men by disease. Total 109.
134th PA Regiment Medal of Honor Recipients
- QUAY, MATTHEW S. Dillsburg, Colonel, 134th Pennsylvania Infantry Fredericksburg, Va., 13 December 1862. Citation: 9 July 1888. Although out of service, he voluntarily resumed duty on the eve of battle and took a conspicuous part in the charge on the heights.
134th PA Regiment Burials
- Jamison, John; Dec 19, 1862, Mt. Moriah Cemetery, Philadelphia, PA