PA Civil War Volunteer Soldiers
141st Pennsylvania RegimentRecruited in Greene county, Mercer county, Washington county, Beaver county, PA
141st PA Regiment Companies
141st PA Regiment Books
141st PA Organization, Service & Battles
- Organized at Harrisburg August 29, 1862, and moved to Washington.
- Duty in the Defences of that city till October.
- Attached to 1st Brigade, 1st Division, 3rd Army Corps, Army of the Potomac, to March, 1864.
- 1st Brigade, 3rd Division, 2nd Army Corps, to July, 1864. 2nd Brigade, 3rd Division, 2nd Army Corps, to May, 1865.
Service & Battles - 1862
- March up the Potomac to Leesburg,
- Thence to Falmouth, Va., October 11-November 19.
- Battle of Fredericksburg, Va., December 12-15.
Service & Battles - 1863
- Burnside's 2nd Campaign, "Mud March," January 20-24, 1863.
- Duty at Falmouth till April.
- Chancellorsville Campaign April 27-May 6.
- Battle of Chancellorsville May 1-5.
- Gettysburg (Pa.) Campaign June 11-July 24.
- Battle of Gettysburg July 1-3.
- Pursuit of Lee July 5-24.
- Wapping Heights, Va., July 23.
- Duty on line of the Rappahannock and the Rapidan till October.
- Bristoe Campaign October 9-22.
- Auburn October 13.
- Advance to line of the Rappahannock November 7-8.
- Kelly's Ford November 7.
- Mine Run Campaign November 26-December 2.
- Payne's Farm November 27.
Service & Battles - 1864
- Demonstration on the Rapidan February 6-7, 1864.
- Rapidan Campaign May 4-June 12.
- Battles of the Wilderness May 5-7;
- Laurel Hill May 8;
- Spottsylvania May 8-12; Po River May 10; Spottsylvania Court House May 12-21.
- Assault on the Salient May 12.
- Harris Farm May 19.
- North Anna River May 23-26.
- On line of the Pamunkey May 26-28.
- Totopotomoy May 28-31.
- Cold Harbor June 1-12.
- Before Petersburg June 16-18.
Service & Battles - 1865
- Siege of Petersburg June 16, 1864, to April 2, 1865.
- Jerusalem Plank Road June 22-23, 1864.
- Demonstration north of James at Deep Bottom July 27-29.
- Deep Bottom July 27-28.
- Mine Explosion, Petersburg, July 30 (Reserve).
- Demonstration north of the James at Deep Bottom August 13-20.
- Strawberry Plains, Deep Bottom, August 14-18.
- Ream's Station August 25.
- Poplar Springs Church September 29-October 2.
- Boydton Plank Road, Hatcher's Run, October 27-28.
- Expedition to Weldon Railroad December 7-12.
- Dabney's Mills, Hatcher's Run, February 5-7, 1865.
- Watkins' House March 25.
- Appomattox Campaign March 28-April 9.
- Crow's House March 31.
- Fall of Petersburg April 2.
- Sailor's Creek April 6.
- High Bridge April 7.
- Appomattox Court House April 9.
- Surrender of Lee and his army.
- March to Washington, D.C., May 2-12.
- Grand Review May 23.
- Mustered out May 28, 1865.
- Regiment lost during service 6 Officers and 161 Enlisted men killed and mortally wounded and 3 Officers and 76 Enlisted men by disease. Total 246
141st PA Regiment Medal of Honor Recipients
- BENNETT, ORREN: Private, Company D, 141st Pennsylvania Infantry.. Sailors (Saylor's) Creek, Va., 6 April 1865. Citation given: 10 May 1865 for capture of flag.
- ROUGHT, STEPHEN: Sergeant, Company A, 141st Pennsylvania Infantry.. Wilderness, Va., 6 May 1864. Citation given: 1 December 1864. Capture of flag of 13th North Carolina Infantry (C.S.A.).
| Ancestry.com Civil War Databases
| Civil War Research
Civil War Research
Want to find out if your ancestor was a Civil War soldier? Follow these research ideas.
Search PA Civil War