PA Civil War > Regiments > 145th
145th Pennsylvania Regiment
Recruited in Erie county, Warren county, Mercer County, PA
145th PA Regiment Companies
- Company B
- Company C
- Bates' Regimental History & Company Rosters
145th PA Regiment Organization, Service & Battles
- Organized at Erie September 5, 1862.
- Moved to Chambersburg. Pa., September 11-12, thence to Hagerstown and Antietam, Md., September 15-17.
- Attached to 2nd Brigade, 1st Division, 2nd Army Corps, Army of the Potomac, to October, 1862.
- 1st Brigade, 1st Division, 2nd Army Corps, to April, 1863.
- 4th Brigade, 1st Division, 2nd Army Corps, to May, 1865.
Service & Battles - 1862
- Moved to Harper's Ferry, W. Va., September 22, 1862, and duty there till October 29.
- Reconnoissance to Charlestown October 16-17.
- Advance up Loudoun Valley and movement to Falmouth, Va., October 29-November 17.
- Battle of Fredericksburg December 12-15.
Service & Battles - 1863
- Duty at Falmouth, Va., till April, 1863.
- Chancellorsville Campaign April 27-May 6.
- Battle of Chancellorsville May 1-5.
- Gettysburg (Pa.) Campaign June 11-July 24.
- Battle of Gettysburg July 1-3.
- Pursuit of Lee July 5-24.
- Duty on line of the Rappahannock till September.
- Advance from the Rappahannock to the Rapidan September 13-17.
- Bristoe Campaign October 9-22.
- Auburn and Bristoe October 14.
- Advance to line of the Rappahannock November 7-8.
- Mine Run Campaign November 26-December 2.
Service & Battles - 1864
- At Stevensburg till May, 1864.
- Demonstration on the Rapidan February 6-7.
- Rapidan Campaign May 4-June 12.
- Battles of the Wilderness May 5-7;
- Corbin's Bridge May 8;
- Spottsylvania May 8-12;
- Po River May 10;
- Spottsylvania Court House May 12-21.
- Assault on the Salient May 12.
- North Anna River May 23-26.
- On line of the Pamunkey May 26-28.
- Totopotomoy May 28-31.
- Cold Harbor June 1-12.
- Before Petersburg June 16-18.
- Siege of Petersburg June 16, 1864, to April 2, 1865.
- Jerusalem Plank Road June 22-23, 1864.
- Demonstration north of the James at Deep Bottom July 27-29.
- Deep Bottom July 27-28.
- Mine Explosion, Petersburg, July 30 (Reserve).
- Demonstration on north side of the James at Deep Bottom August 13-20.
- Strawberry Plains, Deep Bottom, August 14-18.
- Ream's Station August 25.
- Reconnoissance to Hatcher's Run December 7-10.
Service & Battles - 1865
- Dabney's Mills, Hatcher's Run, February 5-7, 1865.
- Watkins' House March 25.
- Appomattox Campaign March 28-April 9.
- Skirmishes on line of Hatcher's and Gravelly Runs March 29-30.
- Hatcher's Run or Boydton Road March 31.
- Crow's House March 31.
- Sutherland Station April 2.
- Sailor's Creek April 6.
- High Bridge, Farmville, April 7.
- Appomattox Court House April 9.
- Surrender of Lee and his army.
- March to Washington, D.C., May 2-12.
- Grand Review May 23.
- Mustered out May 31, 1865.
- Regiment lost during service 18 Officers and 187 Enlisted men killed and mortally wounded and 3 Officers and 214 Enlisted men by disease. Total 422.
145th PA Regiment Burials
- Libbey, Virgil; Private, Company F, died June 24, 1864, buried Mt. Moriah Cemetery, Philadelphia, PA
- Marsh, Joseph; Private, Company B, died July 3, 1863 at the Battle of Gettysburg, buried Marsh Cemetery, Erie County, PA