PA Civil War > Regiments > 157th
157th Pennsylvania Regiment
157th PA Regiment Soldier Biographies
157th PA Regiment Companies
157th PA Regiment Organization, Service & Battles
- Organized at Philadelphia October, 1862, to February, 1863.
- Moved to Fort Delaware December, 1862, and duty there till February, 1863.
- Moved to Washington, D.C., and duty in the Defences of that city till May, 1864.
- Attached to Tyler's Division, 22nd Corps, to May, 1864.
- 2nd Brigade, 4th Division, 5th Army Corps, Army of the Potomac, to August, 1864.
- 3rd Brigade, 2nd Division, 5th Army Corps, to March, 1865.
Service & Battles - 1864
- Ordered to Join Army of the Potomac in the field and Joined May 29, 1864.
- Battles about Cold Harbor June 1-12;
- Bethesda Church June 1-3.
- Before Petersburg June 16-18.
Service & Battles - 1865
- Siege of Petersburg June 16, 1864, to March 21, 1865.
- Mine Explosion, Petersburg, July 30, 1864 (Reserve).
- Weldon Railroad August 18-21.
- Poplar Springs Church September 29-October 2.
- Yellow House October 1-3.
- Boydton Plank Road, Hatcher's Run, October 27-28.
- Warren's Raid on Weldon Railroad December 7-12.
- Dabney's Mills, Hatcher's Run, February 5-7, 1865.
- Appomattox Campaign March 28-April 9.
- Regiment transferred to 191st PA Infantry March 21, 1865.
- Regiment lost during service 31 Enlisted men killed and mortally wounded and 34 Enlisted men by disease. Total 65.