PA Civil War Volunteer Soldiers
158th Pennsylvania RegimentNine Months' Service - Recruited in Cumberland county, Franklin county, and Fulton County, PA
158th PA Regiment Soldier Biographies
158th PA Regiment Companies
158th PA Regiment Books
158th PA Regiment Organization, Service & Battles
- Organized at Chambersburg November 1, 1862, and ordered to Suffolk, Va.
- Attached to Spinola's Brigade, Division at Suffolk, 7th Corps, Dept. of Virginia, to December, 1862.
- 1st Brigade, 5th Division, 18th Corps, Dept. of North Carolina, to May, 1863.
- District of the Pamlico, Dept. of North Carolina, to June, 1863.
- Spinola's Brigade, 7th Corps, Dept. of Virginia, to July, 1863.
- Harper's Ferry, W. Va., to August, 1863.
Service & Battles - 1862
- Duty at Suffolk, Va., till December 28, 1862.
Service & Battles - 1863
- Moved to New Berne, N. C., December 28-January 1, 1863, and duty there till June, 1863.
- Expedition from New Berne to Trenton, Pollocksville, Young's Cross Roads and Swansborough March 6-10.
- Expedition to relief of Little Washington, N. C, April 7-10.
- Blount's Creek April 9.
- Expedition to Swift Creek
- Village April 13-21.
- Big Swift Creek April 19.
- Ordered to Fortress Monroe, Va., June.
- Dix's Peninsula Campaign July 1-7.
- Moved to Harper's Ferry July 7-9, thence moved to Boonsboro, Md., and reported to Gen. Meade July 11.
- Pursuit of Lee July 11-24.
- Ordered to Harrisburg, Pa., August 3.
- Mustered out August 12, 1863.
- Regiment lost during service 45 by disease.
| Ancestry.com Civil War Databases
| Civil War Research
Civil War Research
Want to find out if your ancestor was a Civil War soldier? Follow these research ideas.
Search PA Civil War