PA Civil War Volunteer Soldiers
165th Pennsylvania RegimentCompany A of this regiment was recruited in Franklin county, Company B from Cumberland; the remaining eight companies were from Adams county, PA
165th PA Regiment Companies
165th PA Regiment Organization, Service & Battles
- Organized at Chambersburg and Gettysburg November 25-December 5, 1862.
- Moved to Washington, D. C, thence to Newport News and Suffolk, Va., December 8-17, 1862.
- Attached to Foster's Brigade, Division at Suffolk, 7th Corps, Dept. of Virginia, to April, 1863.
- 2nd Brigade, 1st Division, 7th Corps, Dept. of Virginia.
Service & Battles - 1863
- Duty at Suffolk till May, 1863.
Service & Battles - 1864
- Expedition toward Blackwater, Va., January 8-10, 1863.
- Deserted House January 30.
- Leesville April 4.
- Siege of Suffolk April 11-May 4.
- Edenton, Providence Church and Somerton Roads April 12-13.
- Somerton Road April 15 and 20.
- Edenton Road April 24.
- Operations on Seaboard & Roanoke Railroad May 12-26.
- Holland House, Carrsville, May 15-16.
- Dix's Peninsula Campaign June 27-July 7.
- Expedition from White House to South Anna River July 1-7.
- South Anna Bridge July 4.
- Moved to Washington, D.C., July 8,
- Mustered out July 28, 1863.
- Regiment lost during service 1 killed and 1 Officer and 14 Enlisted men by disease. Total 16.
| Ancestry.com Civil War Databases
| Civil War Research
Civil War Research
Want to find out if your ancestor was a Civil War soldier? Follow these research ideas.
Search PA Civil War