PA Civil War Volunteer Soldiers
174th Pennsylvania RegimentTwo companies were from Northampton county; the remaining eight companies were principally from the county of Bucks.
174th PA Regiment Companies
174th PA Regiment Organization, Service & Battles
- Organized at Philadelphia November 19, 1862.
- Moved to Washington, D.C., November; thence to Suffolk, Va., and
- duty there till December 28.
- Attached to Ferry's Brigade, Division at Suffolk, Va., 7th Corps,
- Dept. of Virginia, to December, 1862.
- 2nd Brigade, 3rd Division, 18th Corps, Dept. of North Carolina, to February, 1863.
- 2nd Brigade, 2nd Division, 18th Corps, Dept. of the South, to February, 1863.
- District of Beaufort, S.C., 10th Corps, Dept. of the South, to June, 1863.
- District of Hilton Head, S.C., 10th Corps, Dept. of the South, to August, 1863.
Service & Battles - 1862
- Duty at Suffolk, Va., till December 31, 1862.
Service & Battles - 1863
- Moved to New Berne, N. C., December 31-January 6, 1863,
- and to Port Royal Harbor, S.C., January 27-February 5.
- At St. Helena Island, S.C., till February 27.
- At Beaufort, S.C., till June, and at Hilton Head, S.C., till July 28.
- Moved to Philadelphia and mustered out August 7, 1863
- Regiment lost during service 13 by disease.
| Ancestry.com Civil War Databases
| Civil War Research
Civil War Research
Want to find out if your ancestor was a Civil War soldier? Follow these research ideas.
Search PA Civil War