PA Civil War Volunteer Soldiers
175th Pennsylvania RegimentThis regiment was composed of eight companies from Chester, and two from Montgomery county, PA.
175th PA Regiment Companies
175th PA Regiment Organization, Service & Battles
- Organized at Philadelphia November 6, 1862.
- Moved to Washington, D.C., December 1; thence to Fortress Monroe and. Suffolk, Va.
- Attached to Gibbs' Brigade, Division at Suffolk, Va., December, 1862.
- Spinola's Brigade, Division at Suffolk, 7th Corps, to December, 1862.
- 1st Brigade, 5th Division, 18th Corps, Dept. of North Carolina, to May, 1863.
- District of the Pamlico, Dept. of North Carolina, to June, 1863.
- Well's Brigade, Harper's Ferry, W. Va., 8th Corps, Middle Department, to July, 1863.
Service & Battles - 1862
- Duty at Suffolk, Va., till December 28, 1862.
Service & Battles - 1863
- Moved to New Berne, N. C., December 28-January 1, 1863, and duty there till April, 1863.
- Expedition from New Berne to Trenton, Pollocksville, Young's Cross Roads and
Swansborough March 6-10.
- Operations on the Pamlico April 4-6.
- Expedition to relief of Little Washington April 7-10.
- Expedition to Swift Creek Village April 13-21.
- Garrison duty at Little Washington till June.
- Moved to Fortress Monroe, Va., thence to Harper's Ferry, W. Va., and to Frederick, Md.
- Mustered out August 7, 1863.
- Regiment lost during service 21 by disease.
| Ancestry.com Civil War Databases
| Civil War Research
Civil War Research
Want to find out if your ancestor was a Civil War soldier? Follow these research ideas.
Search PA Civil War