PA Civil War > > Regiments > 177th
177th Pennsylvania Regiment
Recruited in Lycoming County, Susquehanna County, Dauphin County, Luzerne County, Perry County, and Indiana County, PA.
177th PA Regiment Companies
177th PA Regiment Organization, Service & Battles
- At Camp Curtin till December 3.
- Moved to Washington, D.C., thence to Newport News, Va., and duty there till December 17.
- Moved to Suffolk, Va., December 17.
- Attached to Gibbs' Brigade, Division at Suffolk, Va., 7th Corps, Dept. of Virginia, to March, 1863.
- Viele's Brigade, Norfolk, Va., 7th Corps, to July, 1863.
- 2nd Brigade, 2nd Division, 12th Army Corps, Army of the Potomac, to August, 1863.
Service & Battles - 1863
- Duty at Suffolk, Va., till March, 1863, and in District of Norfolk, Va.
- At Deep Creek till July, 1863.
- Ordered to Washington July 10, thence to Funkstown, Md.
- Pursuit of Lee till July 24.
- At Maryland Heights till August 1.
- Mustered out August 4 and 7, 1863
- Regiment lost during service 24 by disease.