PA Civil War > > Regiments > 183rd
183rd Pennsylvania Regiment - Fourth Union League Regiment
Recruited in the city of Philadelphia, PA.
133rd Regiment Newspaper Transcriptions
- Philadelpha Inquirer - June 23, 1864
List of Killed and Wounded of the 183rd Regiment...
183rd PA Regiment Companies
Field and Staff Officers
- Regimental History
- Bates' Regimental History & Company Rosters
183rd PA Regiment Organization, Service & Battles
- Organized at Philadelphia December 24, 1863, to March 8, 1864.
- Ordered to join Army of the Potomac on the Rapidan, Va., and attached to 1st Brigade, 1st Division, 2nd Army Corps, Army of the Potomac, to March, 1865.
- 4th Brigade, 1st Division, 2nd Army Corps, to July, 1865.
Service & Battles - 1864
- Campaign from the Rapidan to the James River, Va., May 4-June 12, 1864.
- Battles of the Wilderness May 5-7;
- Corbin's Bridge May 8;
- Spottsylvania May 8-12;
- Po River May 10;
- Spottsylvania Court House May 12-21.
- Assault on the Salient May 12.
- North Anna River May 23-26.
- On line of the Pamunkey May 26-28.
- Totopotomoy May 28-31.
- Cold Harbor June 1-12.
- Before Petersburg June 16-18.
- Siege of Petersburg June 16, 1864, to April 2, 1865.
- Jerusalem Plank Road, Weldon Railroad, June 22-23, 1864.
- Demonstration north of the James at Deep Bottom July 27-29.
- Deep Bottom July 27-28.
- Mine Explosion, Petersburg, July 30 (Reserve).
- Demonstration north of the James at Deep Bottom August 13-20.
- Strawberry Plains, Deep Bottom, August 14-18.
- Ream's Station August 25.
- Boydton Plank Road, Hatcher's Run, October 27-28.
- Reconnoissance to Hatcher's Run December 9-10.
Service & Battles -1865
- Dabney's Mills, Hatcher's Run, February 5-7, 1865.
- Watkins' House March 25.
- Appomattox Campaign March 28-April 9.
- Hatcher's Run or Boydton Road March 30-31.
- White Oak Road March 31.
- Sutherland Station April 2.
- Sailor's Creek April 6.
- High Bridge, Farmville, April 7.
- Appomattox Court House April 9.
- Surrender of Lee and his army.
- March to Washington, D.C., May 2-12.
- Grand Review May 23.
- Mustered out July 13, 1865.
- Regiment lost during service 4 Officers and 92 Enlisted men killed and mortally wounded and 2 Officers and 89 Enlisted men by disease. Total 187.