PA Civil War > Regiments > 184th
184th Pennsylvania Regiment
Recruited across the state of Pennsylvania.
184th PA Regiment Companies
184th Regiment Prisoners of War
184th PA Regiment Organization, Service & Battles
- Organized at Harrisburg May, 1864.
- Ordered to join Army of the Potomac in the field, and reported May 28, 1864.
- Attached to 1st Brigade, 1st Division, 2nd Army Corps, Army of the Potomac.
Service & Battles - 1864
- Rapidan (Va.) Campaign May 28-June 12.
- Totopotomoy May 28-31.
- Cold Harbor June 1-12. Before Petersburg June 16-18.
- Siege of Petersburg June 16, 1864, to April 2, 1865.
- Jerusalem Plank Road, Weldon Railroad, June 22-23, 1864.
- Demonstration on north side of the James at Deep Bottom July 27-29.
- Deep Bottom July 27-28.
- Mine Explosion, Petersburg, July 30 (Reserve).
- Demonstration north of the James at Deep Bottom August 13-20.
- Strawberry Plains, Deep Bottom, August 14-18.
- Ream's Station August 25.
- Boydton Plank Road, Hatcher's Run, October 27-28.
- Reconnoissance to Hatcher's Run December 9-10.
Service & Battles - 1865
- Dabney's Mills, Hatcher's Run, February 5-7, 1865.
- Watkins' House March 25.
- Appomattox Campaign March 28-April 9.
- Boydton and White Oak Roads March 30-31.
- Crow's House March 31.
- Sailor's Creek April 6.
- High Bridge and Farmville April 7.
- Appomattox Court House April 9.
- Surrender of Lee and his army.
- March to Washington, D.C., May 2-12.
- Grand Review May 23.
- Mustered out July 14, 1865.
- Regiment lost during service 3 Officers and 110 Enlisted men killed and mortally wounded and 122 Enlisted men by disease. Total 235.
184th Regiment Execution
- Wert, Michael Jan 6, 1865 Firing Squad for Desertion