PA Civil War > Regiments > 187th
187th Pennsylvania Regiment
Recruited in the city of Philadelphia, PA
187th PA Regiment Soldier Biographies
187th PA Regiment Companies
187th PA Regiment Organization, Service & Battles
- Organized at Philadelphia March 3 to May 4, 1864, from 1st Battalion Militia Infantry (6 Mos.).
Service & Battles - 1864
- Moved to Washington, D.C., May 18, 1864.
- Moved to join Army of the Potomac May 26, and reported at Cold Harbor, Va., June 6.
- Cold Harbor June 6-12.
- Before Petersburg June 16-18.
- Siege of Petersburg June 16 to September 22.
- Attached to 1st Brigade, 1st Division, 5th Army Corps.
- Jerusalem Plank Road, Weldon Railroad, June 21-23.
- Mine Explosion, Petersburg, July 30 (Reserve).
- Weldon Railroad August 18-21.
- Relieved September 22 and ordered to Philadelphia.
Service & Battles - 1865
- Garrison and escort duty at Camp Cadwalader, Philadelphia, Pa, and provost duty at other points in Pennsylvania till August, 1865.
- Guard of honor over remains of President Lincoln in Independence Hall, Philadelphia, and escort to funeral cortege May, 1865.
- Mustered out August 3, 1865.
- Regiment lost during service 66 Enlisted men killed and mortally wounded and 1 Officer and 69 Enlisted men by disease. Total 136.