PA Civil War Volunteer Soldiers
195th Pennsylvania RegimentRecruited from Lancaster county, PA
195th PA Regiment Soldier Biographies
195th PA Regiment Companies
195th PA Regiment Books
195th PA Regiment Organization, Service & Battles
- Organized at Camp Curtin for 100 days July 24, 1864.
Three Month Service - 1864
- Moved to Baltimore, Md., July 24,
- thence to Monocacy Junction July 28.
- Attached to 3rd Separate Brigade, 8th Corps, Middle Department, to August, 1864.
- 1st Separate Brigade, 8th Corps, to October, 1864.
- Reserve Division. Dept. of West Virginia, to November, 1864
- Guard bridge and railroad at Monocacy Junction, Md., till October.
- Guard duty in Berkeley County, W. Va., along B. & O. Railroad till November.
- Mustered out November 4, 1864.
- Regiment reorganized for one year February, 1865.
One Year Service - 1865
- (A Detachment of first Regiment was on duty guarding Baltimore & Ohio Railroad,
with Headquarters at North Mountain Station, October, 1864, to March 16, 1865.)
- Ordered to Charlestown, W. Va., March 31, 1865.
- Attached to 2nd Brigade, 3rd Division, West Virginia, to July, 1865.
- Dept. of Washington, D.C., 22nd Corps, to January, 1865.
- Guard fords of the Shenandoah, Headquarters at Kablestown, W. Va., April 1-4, 1865.
- At Stevenson's Station till April 22.
- At Berryville till June 6.
- Expedition to Staunton June 6-26.
- Duty at Harrisonburg July.
- Ordered to Washington, D.C., and duty there till January, 1866.
- Mustered out January 31, 1866.
- Regiment lost during service 10 by disease
| Ancestry.com Civil War Databases
| Civil War Research
Civil War Research
Want to find out if your ancestor was a Civil War soldier? Follow these research ideas.
Search PA Civil War