PA Civil War Volunteer Soldiers
198th Pennsylvania RegimentRecruited in the city of Philadelphia, PA.
198th PA Regiment Companies
198th PA Regiment Books
198th PA Regiment Organization, Service & Battles
- Organized at Philadelphia September 9, 1864.
- Left State for Petersburg, Va., September 19, 1864.
- Attached to 1st Brigade, 1st Division, 5th Army Corps.
Service & Battles - 1864
- Siege of Petersburg September, 1864, to April, 1865.
- Poplar Springs Church September 29-October 2, 1864.
- Reconnoissance to Boydton Road October 8.
- Boydton Plank Road, Hatcher's Run, October 27-28.
- Warren's Raid to Weldon Railroad December 7-12.
Service & Battles - 1865
- Dabney's Mills, Hatcher's Run, February 5-7, 1865.
- Appomattox Campaign March 28-April 9.
- Junction, Quaker and Boydton Roads March 29.
- Lewis Farm near Gravelly Run March 29.
- White Oak Road March 30-31.
- Five Forks April 1.
- Appomattox Court House April 9.
- Surrender of Lee and his army.
- March to Washington, D.C., May 1-12.
- Grand Review May 23.
- Mustered out June 4, 1865.
- Regiment lost during service 6 Officers and 67 Enlisted men killed and mortally wounded and 44 Enlisted men by disease. Total 117.
| Ancestry.com Civil War Databases
| Civil War Research
Civil War Research
Want to find out if your ancestor was a Civil War soldier? Follow these research ideas.
Search PA Civil War