PA Civil War Volunteer Soldiers
199th Pennsylvania Regiment Recruited in the city of Philadelphia, PA.
199th PA Regiment Companies
199th PA Regiment Organization, Service & Battles
- Organized at Philadelphia September and October, 1864.
- Moved to Deep Bottom Landing, Va., October.
- Attached to 1st Brigade, 1st Division, 10th Army Corps, Army of the James, to December, 1864.
- 1st Brigade, 1st Division, 24th Army Corps, to July, 1865.
Service & Battles - 1864 - 1865
- Duty in trenches before Richmond, Va., till March 1865.
- Appomattox Campaign March 28-April 9.
- Assaults on Forts Gregg and Alexander April 2.
- Fall of Petersburg April 2. Pursuit of Lee April 3-9.
- Rice's Station April 6. Appomattox Court House April 9.
- Surrender of Lee and his army. Duty at Richmond, Va., till June.
- Consolidated with 188th Pennsylvania Infantry June 28, 1865.
- Regiment lost during service 2 Officers and 30 Enlisted men killed and mortally wounded and 52 Enlisted men by disease. Total 84.
| Ancestry.com Civil War Databases
| Civil War Research
Civil War Research
Want to find out if your ancestor was a Civil War soldier? Follow these research ideas.
Search PA Civil War