PA Civil War > Regiments > 202nd
202nd Pennsylvania Regiment
Recruited in Carbon County, Juniata County, Adams County, Northumberland county, Cumberland County, Lehigh County, Northampton County, Union County, Huntingdon County, Schuylkill county, Perry county, Adams county, York county, Berks county, PA
202nd PA Regiment Companies
- Field and Staff Officers
- Company A
Carbon / Schuylkill Counties
- Company B
Juniata / Perry Counties
- Company C
Adams / York Counties
- Company E
Lehigh / Berks Counties
- Bates' Regimental History & Company Rosters
202nd PA Regiment Organization, Service & Battles
- Organized at Harrisburg September 3, 1864.
- Moved to Chambersburg, Pa., September 10.
- Attached to Dept. of the Susquehanna to October, 1864.
- District of Alexandria, 22nd Corps, to November, 1864.
- 1st Separate Brigade, 22nd Corps, to May, 1865.
- Dept. of Pennsylvania to August, 1865.
Service & Battles - 1864
- At Chambersburg, Pa., till September 29, 1864.
- Moved to Alexandria, Va., via Washington, D.C., September 29.
- Guard duty on Manassas Gap Railroad from Thoroughfare Gap to Rectortown.
- Skirmishes at Salem October 8 and 16, 1864.
- Guarding Orange & Alexandria Railroad from Bull Run to Alexandria.
Service & Battles - 1865
- Duty in the Defences of Washington and Alexandria till May, 1865.
- Ordered to Pennsylvania May 20.
- Duty in the Lehigh District coal regions of Pennsylvania till July.
- Mustered out at Harrisburg August 3, 1865.
- Regiment lost during service 3 Enlisted men killed and 33 Enlisted men by disease. Total 36.