PA Civil War > Regiments > 203rd
203rd Pennsylvania Regiment
Recruited in the city of Philadelphia, Lycoming county, Lancaster county, Chester county, and Delaware county, PA
203rd PA Regiment Soldier Biographies
203rd PA Regiment Companies
203rd PA Regiment Organization, Service & Battles
- Organized at Philadelphia September 10, 1864.
- Moved to Petersburg, Va., September 22-27.
- Attached to 2nd Brigade, 2nd Division, 10th Army Corps, Army of the James, to December, 1864.
- 2nd Brigade, 2nd Division, 24th Army Corps, to January, 1865.
- 2nd Brigade, 2nd Division, Terry's Provisional Corps, Dept. North Carolina, to March, 1865.
- 2nd Brigade, 2nd Division, 10th Army Corps, Dept. of North Carolina, to June, 1865.
- Detached from Brigade and provost at Deep Bottom, Va.,
- And picket at Malvern Hill September 27-October 5.
- Rejoined Brigade October 5.
Service & Battles - 1864
- Siege operations against Richmond till December 7.
- Battle of Fair Oaks October 27-28.
- Expedition to Fort Fisher, N. C., December 7-27.
Service & Battles - 1865
- 2nd Expedition to Fort Fisher, N. C., January 3-15, 1865.
- Assault and capture of Fort Fisher January 15.
- Advance on Wilmington February 11-22.
- Sugar Loaf Battery February 11.
- Fort Anderson February 19 Capture of Wilmington February 22.
- Advance on Goldsboro March 6-21.
- Guard railroad at Faison's Depot March 21-April 10.
- Advance on Raleigh April 10-14.
- Occupation of Raleigh April 14.
- Bennett's House April 26.
- Surrender of Johnston and his army.
- Duty at Raleigh till June.
- Mustered out June 22, 1865
- Regiment lost during service 4 Officers and 70 Enlisted men killed and mortally wounded and 72 Enlisted men by disease. Total 146.