PA Civil War > Regiments > 204th
204th Pennsylvania Regiment - 5th Artillery
This regiment was principally recruited in the county of Allegheny, though considerable numbers were from the counties of Lawrence, Beaver, Cambria, Westmoreland, Armstrong, and Greene, PA.
204th PA Regiment Companies
204th PA Regiment Organization, Service & Battles
- Organized at Pittsburg August and September, 1864.
- Ordered to Washington, D.C., September, 1864.
- Attached to District of Alexandria, 22nd Corps, to November, 1864.
- 1st Separate Brigade, 22nd Corps, to June, 1865.
Service & Battles - 1864
- Duty in Northern Defences of Washington, D. C., and along Manassas Gap Railroad, protecting supplies for Sheridan, and constantly engaged with Mosby.
- Action at Salem October 4, 1864.
- Rectortown October 7. White Plains October 11.
- Destruction of Manassas Gap Railroad October and November.
- Duty in the Northern Defences of Washington; 1st Battalion at Prospect Hill, 2nd Battalion at Vienna and 3rd Battalion at Fairfax C. H.
Service & Battles - 1865
- Duty on Bull Run battlefield in spring of 1865, burying nearly 2,000 dead.
- Ordered to Pittsburg for muster out. Mustered out June 30, 1865.
- Regiment lost during service 3 Enlisted men killed and 46 by disease. Total 49.