PA Civil War > Regiments > 34th
34th Pennsylvania Regiment
Three Years' Service - Recruited in Centre county, Lancaster county, Hmutingdon county, Lycoming county, Northumberland county, Clearfield county, Union county, Bradford county, PA.
34th PA Regiment Newspaper Transcription
- Indiana Democrat - July 17, 1862
Pennsylvania Colonels Killed in the War...
34th PA Regiment Companies
Bates' Regimental History & Company Rosters
Bates' Regimental History & Rosters
34th PA Regiment Organization, Service & Battles
- Organized at Harrisburg June, 1861.
- Ordered to point on State line opposite Cumberland, Md., June 22;
- Thence moved into West Virginia in support of Lew Wallace.
- Moved to Washington, D.C., August 8.
- Attached to 1st Brigade, McCall's Pennsylvania Reserves Division,
- Army of the Potomac, to March, 1862.
- 1st Brigade, 2nd Division, 1st Army Corps, Army of the Potomac, to April, 1862.
- 1st Brigade, McCall's Division, Dept. of the Rappahannock, to June, 1862.
- 1st Brigade, 3rd Division, 5th Army Corps, Army Potomac, to August, 1862.
- 1st Brigade, 3rd Division, 3rd Corps, Army of Virginia, to September, 1862.
- 1st Brigade, 3rd Division, 1st Army Corps, Army of the Potomac, to November, 1862.
- 3rd Brigade, 3rd Division, 1st Army Corps, Army of the Potomac, to February, 1863.
- 3rd Brigade, Pennsylvania Reserves Division, 22nd Army Corps, Dept. of Washington, to June 26, 1863.
- 3rd Brigade, 3rd Division, 5th Army Corps, Army of the Potomac, to June, 1864.
Service & Battles - 1861
- Duty at Tennallytown, Md., till October 10, 1861,
- And at Camp Pierpont, near Langley, Va., till March, 1862.
- Expedition to Grinnell's Farm December 6, 1861.
Service & Battles - 1862
- Advance on Manassas, Va., March 10-15, 1862.
- McDowell's advance on Falmouth April 9-19.
- Duty at Fredericksburg till June.
- Moved to White House June 11-13.
- Seven days before Richmond June 25-July 1.
- Battles of Mechanicsville June 26;
- Gaines' Mill June 27;
- Charles City Cross Roads and Glendale June 30;
- Malvern Hill July 1.
- At Harrison's Landing till August 16.
- Movement to Join Pope August 16-26.
- Battles of Groveton August 29;
- Bull Run August 30.
- Maryland Campaign September 6-24.
- Battles of South Mountain September 14.
- Antietam September 16-17.
- Duty in Maryland till October 30.
- Movement to Falmouth, Va., October 30-November 19.
- Battle of Fredericksburg Decem,her 12-15.
Service & Battles - 1863
- "Mud March" January 20-24, 1863.
- Ordered to Washington, D.C., February 6.
- Duty in the Defences of Washington and Alexandria till June 25.
- Joined Army of Potomac in the field.
- Battle of Gettysburg, Pa., July 1-3.
- Pursuit of Lee July 5-24.
- Bristoe Campaign October 9-22.
- Advance to line of the Rappahannock November 7-8.
- Rappahannock Station November 7.
- Mine Run Campaign November 26-December 2.
Service & Battles - 1864
- Duty at Alexandria till May, 1864.
- Rapidan Campaign May, 1864.
- Battles of the Wilderness May 5-7.
- Laurel Hill May 8.
- Spottsylvania May 8-12.
- Spottsylvania Court House May 12-21.
- Assault on the Salient May 12.
- Harris Farm May 19.
- North Anna River May 23-26.
- Jericho Ford May 25.
- Line of the Pamunkey May 26-28.
- Totopotomoy May 28-31.
- Left front May 31.
- Mustered out June 13, 1864.
- Regiment lost during service 14 Officers and 127 Enlisted men killed and mortally wounded and 68 Enlisted men by disease. Total 209.