PA Civil War > Regiments > 41st
41st Pennsylvania Regiment - 12th Reserve Corps
Recruited in the city of Philadelphia, Wyoming County, Bradford County, Dauphin County, Northampton County, Westmoreland County, York County, Indiana County, Huntingdon County, Franklin County, PA
41st PA Regiment Companies
- Company K
Chambersburg, Franklin County
- Regimental History
- Bates' Regimental History & Company Rosters
41st PA Regiment Organization, Service & Battles
- Organized at Harrisburg August, 1861.
- At Camp Curtin till August 10.
- Moved to Washington, D.C.; thence to Tennallytown, Md., August 10-13.
- Attached to 3rd Brigade, McCall's Pennsylvania Reserves Division, Army of the Potomac, to March, 1862.
- 3rd Brigade, 2nd Division, 1st Army Corps, Army of the Potomac, to April, 1862.
- 3rd Brigade, McCall's Division, Dept. of the Rappahannock, to June, 1862.
- 3rd Brigade, 3rd Division, 5th Army Corps, Army of the Potomac, to August, 1862.
- 3rd Brigade, 3rd Division, 3rd Corps, Army of Virginia, to September, 1862.
- 3rd Brigade, 3rd Division, 1st Army Corps, Army of the Potomac, to February, 1863.
- 3rd Brigade, Pennsylvania Reserves Division, 22nd Corps, Dept. of Washington, to June, 1863.
- 3rd Brigade, 3rd Division, 5th Army Corps, Army of the Potomac, to June, 1864.
Service & Battles - 1861
- Duty at Tennallytown, Md., August 13 to October 10, 1861,
- And at Camp Pierpont, near Langley, Va., to March, 1862.
- Expedition to Grinnell's Farm December 6, 1861.
- Action at Dranesville December 20, 1861.
Service & Battles - 1862
- Advance on Manassas, Va., March 10-15, 1862.
- McDowell's advance on Falmouth April 9-19.
- Duty at Fredericksburg till June.
- Moved to White House June 9-12.
- Seven days before Richmond June 25-July 1.
- Battles of Mechanicsville June 26;
- Gaines' Mill June 27;
- Charles City Cross Roads,
- Glendale June 30; Malvern Hill July 1.
- At Harrison's Landing till August 16.
- Movement to join Pope August 16-26.
- Battles of Gainesville August 28;
- Groveton August 30;
- Bull Run August 30.
- Maryland Campaign September 6-24.
- Battles of South Mountain September 14;
- Antietam September 16-17.
- Duty in Maryland till October 30.
- Movement to Falmouth, Va., October 30-November 19.
- Battle of Fredericksburg, Va., December 12-15.
Service & Battles - 1863
- "Mud March" January 20-24, 1863.
- Ordered to Washington, D.C., February 6,
- And duty there and at Alexandria till June 25.
- Ordered to rejoin Army of the Potomac in the field.
- Battle of Gettysburg, Pa., July 1-3.
- Pursuit of Lee July 5-24.
- Duty on the Rapidan till October.
- Bristoe Campaign October 9-22.
- Advance to line of the Rappahannock November 7-8.
- Rappahannock Station November 7.
- Mine Run Campaign November 26-December 2.
Service & Battles - 1864
- Guard Orange & Alexander Railroad till April, 1864.
- Rapidan Campaign May 4-31.
- Battles of the Wilderness May 5-7;
- Laurel Hill May 8;
- Spottsylvania May 8-12;
- Spottsylvania Court House May 12-21.
- Assault on the Salient May 12.
- Harris Farm May 19.
- North Anna River May 23-26.
- Jericho Mills, or Ford, May 25.
- Line of the Pamunkey May 26-28.
- Totopotomoy May 28-31.
- Mustered out June 11, 1864.
- Regiment lost during service 1 Officer and 110 Enlisted men killed and mortally wounded and 1 Officer and 69 Enlisted men by disease. Total 181