PA Civil War Volunteer Soldiers
115th Pennsylvania RegimentThe men were principally from Philadelphia, with the exception of companies D and G, which were recruited in the counties of Cambria, Lebanon, and Lancaster.
115th PA Regiment Companies
115th PA Regiment Organization, Service & Battles
- Organized at Philadelphia and Harrisburg January 28, 1862.
- Moved from Camden to Harrisburg, Pa., May 31, 1862, thence to Camp Hamilton, Va., June 25-28, and to Harrison's Landing, Va., July 4.
- Attached to 3rd Brigade, 2nd Division, 3rd Army Corps, Army of the Potomac, to March, 1864.
- 1st Brigade, 4th Division, 2nd Army Corps, to May, 1864.
- 3rd Brigade, 3rd Division, 2nd Army Corps, to June, 1864.
Service & Battles - 1862
- At Cumberland and south branch of the Potomac guarding bridges of the Baltimore & Ohio Railroad till February 6.
- Duty at Harrison's Landing, Va., till August 16, 1862.
- Movement to Centreville August 16-26.
- Action at Bristoe Station or Kettle Run August 27.
- Battles of Groveton August 29; Bull Run August 30.
- Duty in the Defences of Washington till November.
- At Fairfax Station November 2-25.
- Operations on Orange & Alexandria Railroad November 10-12.
- Duty near Falmouth, Va., November 28-December 11.
- Battle of Fredericksburg December 12-15.
Service & Battles - 1863
- Burnside's 2nd Campaign, "Mud March," January 20-24, 1863.
- Operations at Rappahannock Bridge and Grove Church February 5-7.
- Chancellorsville Campaign April 27-May 6.
- Battle of Chancellorsville May 1-5.
- Gettysburg (Pa.) Campaign June 11-July 24.
- Battle of Gettysburg July 1-3.
- Pursuit of Lee July 5-24.
- Wapping Heights,Va., July 23.
- Duty near Warrenton, Va., till October.
- Bristoe Campaign October 9-22.
- McLean's Ford, Bull Run, October 15.
- Advance to line of the Rappahannock November 7-8.
- Kelly's Ford November 7.
- Mine Run Campaign November 26-December 2.
- Payne's Farm November 27.
Service & Battles - 1864
- Demonstration on the Rapidan February 6-7, 1864.
- Duty near Brandy Station till May.
- Rapidan Campaign May 4-June 12.
- Battles of the Wilderness May 5-7
- Spottsylvania May 8-12
- Spottsylvania Court House May 12-21.
- Assault on the Salient May 12.
- North Anna River May 23-26.
- On line of the Pamunkey May 26-28.
- Totopotomoy May 28-31.
- Cold Harbor June 1-12.
- Before Petersburg June 16-18.
- Consolidated with
110th Pennsylvania Infantry June 22, 1864.
- 6 Officers and 32 Enlisted men killed and mortally wounded and
2 Officers and 40 Enlisted men by disease. Total 80.
| Ancestry.com Civil War Databases
| Civil War Research
Civil War Research
Want to find out if your ancestor was a Civil War soldier? Follow these research ideas.
Search PA Civil War