PA Civil War Volunteer Soldiers
126th Pennsylvania RegimentNine Months' Service - Recruited in Franklin County, Juniata county, and Fulton County, PA.
126th PA Regiment Soldier Biographies
126th PA Regiment Letters Home
126th PA Regiment Companies
126th PA Regiment Soldier Books
126th PA Regiment Organization, Service & Battles
- Organized at Harrisburg August, 1862.
- Left State for Washington, D.C., August 15, and duty there till September 12.
- Moved to Sharpsburg, Md., and attached to 1st Brigade, 3rd Division, 5th Army Corps, Army of the Potomac.
Service & Battles - 1862
- Duty at Sharpsburg, Md., till October 30, 1862.
- Reconnoissance from Sharpsburg to Smithfield, W. Va., October 16-17.
- Movement to Falmouth, Va., October 30-November 19.
- Battle of Fredericksburg, Va., December 12-15.
Service & Battles - 1863
- Burnside's 2nd Campaign, "Mud March," January 20-24, 1863.
- Duty at Falmouth till April 27.
- Chancellorsville Campaign April 27-May 6.
- Battle of Chancellorsville May 1-5.
- Mustered out May 20, 1865.
- Regiment lost during service 1 Officer and 30 Enlisted men killed and mortally wounded and 34 Enlisted men by disease.
| Ancestry.com Civil War Databases
| Civil War Research
Civil War Research
Want to find out if your ancestor was a Civil War soldier? Follow these research ideas.
Search PA Civil War