PA Civil War > Regiments > 129th
129th Pennsylvania Regiment
Nine Months' Service - Recruited in Schuylkill county, Northampton county, and Montgomery county, PA.
129th PA Regiment Newspaper Transcription
- Miner' Journal - 1865
A record of the names of the sons of Schuylkill who died that their country might live....
- Miner' Journal - April 1, 1865
Death of a soldier....
129th PA Regiment Companies
- Field and Staff Officers
- Company A
- Company B
- Company E
- Company G
- Company H
- Regimental History
- Bates' Regimental History & Company Rosters
129th PA Regiment Organization, Service & Battles
- Organized at Harrisburg August, 1862.
- Moved to Washington, D.C., August 16, and duty there till September 12.
- Moved to Sharpsburg, Md., and attached to 1st Brigade. 3rd Division, 5th Army Corps, Army of the Potomac.
Service & Battles - 1862
- Duty at Sharpsburg, Md., till October 30.
- Reconnoissance from Sharpsburg to Smithfield, W. Va., October 16-17.
- Movement to Falmouth, Va., October 30-November 19.
- Battle of Fredericksburg, Va., December 12-15.
Service & Battles - 1863
- Burnside's 2nd Campaign, "Mud March," January 20-24, 1863.
- At Falmouth till April.
- Chancellorsville Campaign April 27-May 6.
- Battle of Chancellorsville May 1-5.
- Mustered out May 18, 1863.
- Regiment lost during service 3 Officers and 37 Enlisted men killed and mortally wounded and 1 Officer and 42 Enlisted men by disease. Total 83.
129th PA Regiment Medal of Honor Recipients
- FRICK, JACOB G. Colonel, 129th Pennsylvania Infantry. Entered service at Pottsville, Pa. Born: 23 January 1838, Northumberland, Pa. Citation: At Fredericksburg, 13 December 1862, seized the colors and led the command through a terrible fire of cannon and musketry. In a hand-to-hand fight at Chancellorsville, 3 May 1863, recaptured the colors of his regiment. Date of issue: 7 June 1892.