PA Civil War > Regiments > 137th
137th Pennsylvania Regiment
Nine Months' Service - Recruited in Schuylkill County, Wayne County, Crawford County, Clinton County, Butler County, Bradford county, PA
137th PA Regiment Soldier Biographies
137th PA Regiment Companies
137th PA Regiment Organization, Service & Battles
- Organized at Harrisburg August 25, 1862, and ordered to Washington, D.C.
- Attached to 1st Brigade, 2nd Division, 6th Army Corps, Army of the Potomac, to December, 1862.
- Provisional Brigade, Aquia Creek, Va., Patrick's Command, Army of the Potomac, to January, 1863.
- 3rd Brigade, 1st Division, 1st Army Corps, Army of the Potomac, to May, 1863.
Service & Battles - 1862
- Maryland Campaign September, 1862.
- Sugar Loaf Mountain September 10-11.
- Crampton's Gap September 14.
- Antietam September 17.
- Duty in Maryland to November.
- In Defences of Washington, D. C, till December,
- And at Aquia Creek, Va., till January, 1863.
Service & Battles - 1863
- Burnside's 2nd Campaign, "Mud March," January 20-24, 1863.
- Duty at Belle Plains till April.
- Chancellorsville Campaign April 27-May 6.
- Operations at Pollock's Mill Creek April 29-May 2.
- Chancellorsville May 2-5.
- Ordered to Harrisburg, Pa. Mustered out June 1, 1863.
- Regiment lost during service 1 Officer and 58 Enlisted men by disease. Total 59.
137th PA Regiment Burials
- Price, John; born Feb 4, 1819, died Dec 14, 1894, buried Mud River Baptist Church Cemetery, Ona, WV