PA Civil War > Regiments > 171st
171st Pennsylvania Regiment
Recruited in Snyder County, Northumberland County, Clearfield County, Elk County, McKean County, Union County, Montour County, and Butler County, PA
171st PA Regiment Companies
Schuylkill /Northumberland counties
- Bates' Regimental History & Company Rosters
171st PA Regiment Organization, Service & Battles
- Organized at Harrisburg October and November, 1862.
- Moved to Washington, D.C., November 27; thence to Suffolk, Va.
- Attached to Spinola's Brigade, Division at Suffolk, Va.,
- 7th Corps, Dept. of Virginia, to January, 1863.
- 1st Brigade, 5th Division, 18th Corps, Dept. of North Carolina, to May, 1863.
- District of the Pamlico, Dept. of North Carolina, to June, 1863.
- Spinola's Brigade, 7th Corps, Dept. of Virginia, to July, 1863.
- Harper's Ferry, W. Va., July, 1863.
Service & Battles - 1862
- Duty at Suffolk, Va, till December 28.
Service & Battles - 1863
- Moved to New Berne, N. C, December 28-January 1, 1863,
- and duty there till April, 1863.
- Expedition from New Berne to Trenton, Pollocksville,
- Young's Cross Roads and Swansborough March 6-10.
- Expedition to relief of Little Washington April 7-10.
- Blount's Creek April 9.
- Expedition to Swift Creek Village April 13-21.
- Duty at Little Washington till June.
- Ordered to Fortress Monroe, Va.
- Dix's Peninsula Campaign July 1-7.
- Moved to Washington, D. C, thence to Harper's Ferry, W. Va., July 7-9;
- thence to Boonsboro, Md., and reported to General Meade July 11.
- Pursuit of Lee July 11-24.
- Ordered to Harrisburg, Pa., August 3.
- Mustered out August 8, 1863.
- Regiment lost 38 by disease during service.