PA Civil War > Regiments > 176th
176th Pennsylvania Regiment
Recruited in Lehigh County, Monroe County, PA
176th PA Regiment Soldier Biographies
176th PA Regiment Companies
176th PA Regiment Organization, Service & Battles
- Organized at Philadelphia November 3-11, 1862.
- Moved to Washington, D.C., thence to Suffolk, Va.
- Attached to Foster's Brigade, Division at Suffolk, 7th Corps, Dept. of Virginia, to December, 1862.
- Ferry's Brigade, Division at Suffolk, 7th Corps, to January, 1863.
- 1st Brigade, 3rd Division, 18th Corps, Dept. of North Carolina, to February, 1863.
- 2nd Brigade, 2nd Division, 18th Corps, Dept. of the South, to April, 1863.
- District of Beaufort, S.C., 10th Corps, Dept. of the South, to June, 1863.
- District of Hilton Head, S.C., 10th Corps, to July, 1863.
Service & Battles - 1862
- Duty at Suffolk, Va., till December 31, 1862.
Service & Battles - 1863
- Moved to New Borne, N. C., December 31-January 5, 1863;
- Thence to Port Royal Harbor, S.C., January 27-February 3.
- Duty at St. Helena Island, S.C., Beaufort, S.C., and Hilton Head, S.C., till July, 1863.
- Ordered home and mustered out August 19, 1863.
- Regiment lost during service 44 by disease.