PA Civil War > Regiments > 179th
179th Pennsylvania Regiment
Berks County, Lancaster County, Montgomery County, Pike County, and Wayne County, PA
179th PA Regiment Companies
- Company I
- Company K
- Bates' Regimental History & Company Rosters
179th PA Regiment Organization, Service & Battles
- Organized at Harrisburg November 20, 1862.
- At Camp Curtin till December 3. Moved to Washington, D.C., thence to Newport News, Va., and duty there till December 17.
- Moved to Suffolk, Va., December 17.
- Attached to Gibbs' Brigade, Division at Suffolk, Va., 7th Corps, Dept. of Virginia, to March, 1863.
- Viele's Brigade, Norfolk, Va., 7th Corps, to July, 1863.
- 2nd Brigade, 2nd Division, 12th Army Corps, Army of the Potomac, to August, 1863.
Service & Battles - 1863
- Duty at Suffolk, Va., till March, 1863, and in District of Norfolk, Va.
- At Deep Creek till July, 1863.
- Ordered to Washington July 10, thence to Funkstown, Md.
- Pursuit of Lee till July 24.
- At Maryland Heights till August 1.
- Mustered out August 4 and 7, 1863
- Regiment lost during service 24 by disease.