PA Civil War > Regiments > 180th
180th Pennsylvania Regiment, 19th Cavalry
Recruited in the city of Philadelphia, Huntingdon County, and Blair county, PA
180th PA Regiment Soldier Biographies
180th PA Regiment Companies
- Field Staff and Officers
- Company A
City of Philadelphia
- 180th Regiment
Bates' Regimental History & Rosters
180th PA Regiment Organization, Service & Battles
- Organized at Philadelphia June to October, 1863.
- Moved to Washington, D.C., November 5 and 8, 1863, thence to Eastport, Miss.,
- November 13 and joined Gen. A. J. Smith at Columbus, Ky., December 3.
- Attached to District of Columbus, 6th Division, 16th Army Corps, Dept. Tennessee, December, 1863.
- Waring's Cavalry Brigade, 16th Corps, to January, 1864.
- 1st Brigade, 1st Cavalry Division, 16th Corps, to June, 1864.
- 1st Brigade, 2nd Cavalry Division, District of West Tennessee, to November, 1864.
- 1st Brigade, 7th Division, Cavalry Corps, Military Division, Mississippi, to February, 1865.
- 2nd Brigade, 7th Division, Cavalry Corps, Military Division Mississippi, to March, 1865.
- Cavalry Brigade, District of Baton Rouge, La., Dept. Gulf, to August, 1865. Dept. Louisiana, to December, 1865.
- Dept. of Texas to May, 1866.
Service & Battles - 1863
- Moved to Union City, Tenn., December 6, 1863.
Service & Battles - 1864
- Expedition from Union City to Trenton January 22-24, 1864.
- Moved to Colliersville January 28-February 5.
- Smith's Expedition from Colliersville to Okolona, Miss., February 11-26.
- Egypt Station February 19.
- West Point February 20. Ivy Farm, Okolona, February 22.
- Tallahatchie River February 23.
- Operations against Forest in West Tennessee March 16-April 14.
- Cypress Creek and near Raleigh April 3.
- Near Raleigh April 9.
- Sturgis' Expedition from Memphis to Ripley, Miss., April 30-May 9.
- Sturgis' Expedition to Guntown, Miss., June 1-13.
- Corinth June 6. Ripley June 7.
- Brice's or Tishamingo Creek near Guntown June 10.
- Waldron Bridge June 11.
- Davis' Mills June 12.
- Expedition from Memphis to Grand Gulf, Miss., July 4-24.
- Near Bolivar July 6.
- Blackwater July 10.
- Port Gibson July 14.
- Grand Gulf July 16-17.
- Smith's Expedition to Oxford, Miss., August 1-30.
- Hurricane Creek August 9.
- A detachment moved to Little Rock, Ark., and
- on expedition against Price, Nonconah Creek, November 20 (Co. "F").
- Moved to Nashville, Tenn., November 26-December 3.
- Owen's Cross Roads December 1.
- Battle of Nashville December 15-16.
- Hollow Tree Gap, Franklin and West Harpeth River December 17.
- King's Hill near Pulaski December 25. Sugar Creek December 26.
Service & Battles - 1865
- At Gravelly Springs, Ala., till February 8, 1865.
- Moved to Vicksburg, Miss., thence to New Orleans, La.,
- February 8-March 9, and to Baton Rouge, La., March 20.
- Duty there till August 12.
- Moved to Alexandria August 12.
- (Consolidated to 6 Companies February 4, 1865, and to 4 Companies June 13.)
- Company "A" duty at Shreveport till December 15,
- then at Marshall, Texas, till April, 1866.
- Company "B" at Alexandria till March, 1866.
- Company "C" at Monroe till December 15, 1865,
- then at Jefferson, Texas, till April, 1866.
- Company "D" at Natchitoches till March, 1866.
- Companies "A" and "C" to New Orleans April, 1866.
- Companies "B" and "D" to New Orleans March, 1866.
- Provost duty there till May.
- Mustered out May 14, 1866.
- Regiment lost during service 15 Enlisted men killed and mortally wounded and 3 Officers and 109 Enlisted men by disease. Total 124.