PA Civil War > Regiments > 210th
210th Pennsylvania Regiment
Recruited in Dauphin county, Columbia county, Schuylkill county, Potter county, Mifflin county, Bradford county, Franklin county, and Centre county, PA
210th PA Regiment Soldier Biographies
210th PA Regiment Companies
Schuylkill / Columbia Counties
- Bates' Regimental History & Company Rosters
210th PA Regiment Organization, Service & Battles
- Organized at Harrisburg September 12-24, 1864.
- Ordered to join Army Potomac before Petersburg, Va.
- Attached to 3rd Brigade, 2nd Division, 5th Army Corps, Army Potomac.
Service & Battles - 1864 - 1865
- Siege of Petersburg, Va., October, 1864, to April, 1865.
- Boydton Plank Road, Hatcher's Run October 27-28, 1864.
- Warren's Raid on Weldon Railroad December 7-12.
- Dabney's Mills, Hatcher's Run, February 5-7, 1865.
- Appomattox Campaign March 28-April 9.
- Lewis Farm near Gravelly Run March 29.
- White Oak Road March 30-31.
- Five Forks April 1.
- Appomattox Court House April 9.
- Surrender of Lee and his army.
- March to Washington, D.C., May 1-12.
- Grand Review May 23.
- Mustered out May 30, 1865
- Regiment lost during service 3 Officers and 37 Enlisted men killed and mortally wounded and 1 Officer and 44 Enlisted men by disease. Total 85.
210th Regiment Medal of Honor Recipients
- DAY, CHARLES Private, Company K, 210th Pennsylvania Infantry. Entered service at: Lycoming County, Pa. Birth: Otsego County, N.Y. Citation: Seized the colors of another regiment of the brigade, the regiment having been thrown into confusion and the color bearer killed, and bore said colors throughout the remainder of the engagement at Hatchers Run, Va., 6 February 1865. Date of issue: 20 July 1897.
- RAUB, JACOB F. Assistant Surgeon, 210th Pennsylvania Infantry. Entered service at: Weaversville, Pa. Born: 13 May 1840, Raubsville Northhampton County, Pa. Citation: Discovering a flank movement by the enemy, appraised the commanding general at great peril, and though a noncombatant voluntarily participated with the troops in repelling this attack at Hatchers Run, Va., 5 February 1865. Date of issue: 20 April 1896.