101st Pennsylvania RegimentRecruited in Tioga County, Lawrence County, Beaver County, Bedford County, Allegheny County, the city of Philadelphia, and Adams County, PA
101st PA Regiment Soldier Biographies
101st PA Regiment Newspaper Transcription
101st PA Regiment Companies
101st PA Regiment Prisoners of Wars
101st PA Regiment Books
101st PA Regiment Organization, Service & Battles
- Organized at Harrisburg November 21, 1861, to February 24, 1862.
- Moved to Washington, D.C., February 27, 1862.
- Attached to 2nd Brigade, 3rd Division, 4th Army Corps, Army of the Potomac, to June, 1862.
- 2nd Brigade, 2nd Division, 4th Army Corps, to September, 1862.
- Wessell's Brigade, Division at Suffolk, Va., 7th Corps, Dept. of Virginia, to December, 1862.
- 1st Brigade, 1st Division, Dept. of North Carolina, to January, 1863.
- 1st Brigade, 4th Division, 18th Army Corps, Dept. of North Carolina, to May, 1863.
- District of Albemarle, Dept. of North Carolina, to August, 1863.
- Sub District, Albemarle, District of North Carolina,
- Dept. of Virginia and North Carolina, to April, 1864.
- Defences of New Berne, N. C., Dept. of Virginia and North Carolina, to February, 1865.
- District of New Berne, N. C., Dept. of North Carolina, to June, 1865.
Service & Battles - 1862
- Advance on Manassas, Va., March 10-15, 1862.
- Ordered to the Peninsula March 28.
- Siege of Yorktown April 5-May 4.
- Battle of Williamsburg May 5.
- Battles of Fair Oaks, Seven Pines, May 31-June 1.
- Seven days before Richmond June 25-July 1.
- Brackett's June 30.
- Malvern Hill July 1.
- At Harrison's Landing till August 16.
- Moved to Fortress Monroe August 16-23,
- Thence to Suffolk September 18,
- And duty there till December.
- Ordered to New Berne, N. C., December 4.
- Foster's Expedition to Goldsboro December 10-21.
- Kinston December 14.
- Whitehall December 16.
- Goldsboro December 17.
Service & Battles - 1863
- Duty at New Berne till May, 1863.
- Expedition from New Berne to Mattamuskeet Lake March 7-14.
- Operations on the Pamlico April 4-6.
- Expedition for relief Of Little Washington April 7-10.
- Moved to Plymouth May, 1863,
Service & Battles - 1864
- And duty there till March, 1864.
- Expedition from Plymouth to Nichol's Mills June 28, 1863 (Detachment).
- Expedition from Plymouth to Gardner's Bridge and Williamston July 5-7.
- Expedition from Plymouth to Foster's Mills July 26-29.
- Harrellsville January 20, 1864 (Detachment).
- Windsor January 30.
- Fairfield February 16.
- Moved to New Berne March, 1864;
- Thence to Roanoke Island
- And to Plymouth April.
- Siege of Plymouth April 17-20.
- Regiment mostly captured April 20.
Service & Battles - 1865
- Those not captured served as garrison at Roanoke Island till June, 1865.
- Mustered out at New Berne June 25, 1865.
- Regiment lost during service 39 Enlisted men killed and mortally wounded and 1 Officer and 281 Enlisted men by disease.