PA Civil War > Regiments > 182nd
182nd Pennsylvania Regiment, 21st Cavalry
Recruited in York County, Adams County, Lancaster County, Franklin County, Bedford County, Cambria County, PA
182nd PA Regiment Soldier Biographies
- Thomas Collins
- Milton Crawford
- Joseph R. Davison
- G. Frank Lidy
- Thaddeus Mahon
- Samuel Manifold
- Hugh McCall
- George Miles
- George Minnich
- Samuel Monath
- Jacob Pesinger
- David Poff
- Luther Rewalt
- Adam Strayer
- William Winter
- Philip Welsh
182nd PA Regiment Newspaper Articles
- Adams Sentinel, June 7, 1864
The 21st Pa. Cavalry, with which Captain Mickley's Company...
- Adams Sentinel, July 7, 1864
A letter from Captain Mickley states that the last engagement the 21st Pa. Cavalry were in...The following is given as the list of casualties in Company B...
182nd PA Regiment Companies
- Company H
Schuylkill / Franklin Counties
- Company K
Schuylkill / Franklin Counties
- Regimental History
- Bates' Regimental History & Company Rosters
182nd PA Regiment Organization, Service & Battles
- Organized at Harrisburg and Chambersburg June 28-August 1, 1863, for six months.
- Companies "C," "E," "H," "K," "L," "M," duty at Pottsville, Pa., and Scranton, Pa., and Company "B" at Gettysburg, Pa.
- Companies "A," "D," "F," "G" and "I" ordered to Harper's Ferry, W. Va., August 23, 1863. Attached to Cavalry Brigade, 1st Division, Dept. West Virginia, to February, 1864.
- Duty about Harper's Ferry, W. Va. Expedition from Charlestown to New Market November 15-18 (Detachment).
- Mount Jackson November 16. Wells' demonstration from Harper's Ferry December 10-21.
- Skirmish at Winchester January 3, 1864. Mustered out February 20, 1864.
Three Years Service and Organization
- Organized at Harrisburg February, 1864. (Co. "D" detached April 1, 1864, and duty at Scranton, Pa., entire term.)
- Regiment moved to Washington, D. C., May 15, 1864,
- Thence to Join Army Potomac in the field, arriving at Cold Harbor, Va., June 1.
- Attached to 2nd Brigade, 1st Division, 5th Army Corps, Army Potomac, to September, 1864.
- 1st Brigade, 1st Division, 5th Corps, to October, 1864.
- 3rd Brigade, 2nd Division, Cavalry corps, Army Potomac, to March, 1865.
- 2nd Brigade, 2nd Division, Cavalry Corps, to July, 1865.
Service & Battles - 1864
- Battles about Cold Harbor, Va., June 1-12, 1864.
- Before Petersburg June 16-18.
- Siege operations against Petersburg and Richmond June 16, 1864, to April 2, 1865.
- Weldon Railroad August 18-21.
- Poplar Springs Church September 29-October 2.
- Sent to City Point October 5 and mounted.
- Boydton Plank Road, Hatcher's Run, October 27-28.
- Warren's Expedition to Hicksford December 7-12.
- Bellefield December 9-10.
Service & Battles - 1865
- Dabney's Mills, Hatcher's Run, February 5-7, 1865.
- Appomattox Campaign March 28-April 9.
- Dinwiddie Court House March 30-31.
- Five Forks April 1.
- Paine's Cross Road April 5.
- Sailor's Creek April 6. Appomattox Court House April 9.
- Surrender of Lee and his army.
- Expedition to Danville April 23-29.
- Moved to Lynchburg, Va., and duty there and in Dept. of Virginia till July.
- Mustered out July 8, 1865.
- Regiment lost during service 4 Officers and 80 Enlisted men killed and mortally wounded and 2 Officers and 116 Enlisted men by disease. Total 202.