PA Civil War Volunteer Soldiers
209th Pennsylvania RegimentRecruited in York county, Cambria County. Franklin County, Columbia County, Cumberland County, Adams County, Lehigh County, Lebanon County, PA
209th PA Regiment Soldier Biographies
209th PA Regiment Photographs
209th PA Regiment Organization, Service & Battles
- Organized at Harrisburg September 16, 1864.
- Left State for Bermuda Hundred, Va., September 17.
- Attached to Provisional Brigade, Defences of Bermuda Hundred, Army of the James, to November, 1864.
- Hartranft's Provisional Brigade, 9th Army Corps, Army Potomac, to December, 1864.
- 1st Brigade, 3rd Division, 9th Army Corps, to May, 1865.
Service & Battles - 1864 - 1865
- Siege operations against Petersburg and Richmond, Va., September, 1864, to April, 1865.
- Duty in the Defences of Bermuda Hundred, Va., till November 27, 1864.
- Joined Army Potomac before Petersburg.
- Movement in support of Weldon Railroad Expedition December 7-11.
- Dabney's Mills, Hatcher's Run, February 5-7, 1865.
- Fort Stedman March 25.
- Assault on and fall of Petersburg April 2.
- Pursuit of Lee April 3-9.
- At Nottaway Court House April 9-20.
- Moved to City Point, thence to Alexandria April 20-28, and duty there till May 31.
- Grand Review May 23.
- Mustered out May 31, 1865.
- Regiment lost during service 2 Officers and 17 Enlisted men killed and mortally wounded and 20 Enlisted men by disease. Total 39.
| Ancestry.com Civil War Databases
| Civil War Research
Civil War Research
Want to find out if your ancestor was a Civil War soldier? Follow these research ideas.
Search PA Civil War